Sunday, May 10, 2009

Review: The 7-Day Chakra Workout


THE 7-DAY CHAKRA WORKOUT REVIEW
By Mo Davies

I have been tripping the light fantastic over the past few months by sauntering through Anita Revel’s “The 7-Day Charka Workout”. I love the positivity of this book and I actually think Anita’s a national treasure with her optimistic, uplifting views and amazing range of information about the chakra energy centres in our bodies.

I’ve done quite a bit of chakra work over the years, but none have been so much fun or so informative as this little treasure of a book. I really am enchanted at the range of information that Anita has gathered together for each of the energy centres. Not only that, the different therapies she has included for working your way through from the base to the crown chakras are incredibly comprehensive.

If I sound a bit over the top, I feel I’m entitled to after returning to this book for chakra work whenever I have felt so drawn. I haven’t even attempted to work through each chakra for seven days in a row as I’m not the most organized of people and getting all the suggested gear together for each chakra would be a bit of a challenge. What I have enjoyed, however, is returning to this book from time to time as I’ve felt drawn to work with a particular chakra.

Red used to be a big no-no for me, deeply challenging, and even introducing a red candle into my environment years ago felt exceedingly adventurous. I can now boast that I have red knickers, shoes and a deep red Goddess dress which I feel quite comfortable wearing. I also have a red handbag and all that remains is to find a red hat which appeals to me. Our home is also decorated in rather earthy, grounded colours which again is a bit of a change since everywhere else we’ve lived (yes, we move a lot) has been in blue/purple/green colours.

In my studio I now have a big bunch of brown, gold and yellow flowers, with a beautiful orange stone, and in my wardrobe a lovely bright gold poncho to lighten my life. Blue tones suit me, but yellows make me look like Typhoid Mary so I’ve had to work out ways to bring these colours into my environment as I worked through the Sacral and Solar Plexus chapters of The Workout.
I’m not going to bore you witless with a description of how I’ve worked with each chakra and the changes I’ve made: I’ve concentrated on the base colours as I need to ensure I get grounded . Astrologically speaking, I have nine air signs and no earth signs. Wallowing in purples and blues is a given for me, it’s the grounding colours I need to tango with in to get balanced, and Anita’s beautiful book has helped immeasurably.

I haven’t gone into all the details of the Chakra Workout, because there is just so much information I’d have to keep going to breakfast time. I just want to conclude by thoroughly and very warmly recommending Anita’s book. You’ll have a fine time dancing your way through all of the lovely suggestions. And I hope, like me, you’ll enjoy returning to the book over and over again to refresh yourself and lighten up with all the brightness of Anita’s warm, lively writings.

I’m going to finish with another recommendation sight unseen – Anita’s just released her new book, The Goddess DIET, and I’m betting it’s going to be every bit as uplifting and bright as The 7-Day Chakra Workout.

No comments: