Monday, November 09, 2009

A Time to Remember

11 November is Remembrance Day in Australia, a time to remember those who have died or suffered in wars and conflicts and all those who have served during the past 100 years.

For the purpose of "remembering", we look to Greek goddess Mnemosyne (nem-oh-zeen), whose name means "memory." She bore nine daughters with Zeus, who became the nine Muses of the creative arts.

In this week's Inner Goddess newsletter, when prompting, "What Would Goddess Do?", I noted that if she were in your situation, she would write her memoir. She would begin by recollecting her journey, recalling both the wonderful and the icky moments in her life, recognising the beautiful being she was born to be, and relearning how to apply her life lessons for a more rewarding existence. In doing so, she would easily recognise her full potential as wonderful, sacred, self-fulfilled being.

I also promised a list of prompts for beginning your memoir. Here they are (from the journal "What Would Goddess Do?")...
  • It all started when …
  • Imagine her surprise when …
  • If only she knew …
  • Her major turning point was …
  • I was named after …
  • My finest moment was …
  • I felt giddy with happiness …
  • In all my life, I never …
  • If it’s one thing I regret ….
  • If I could change things …
  • My epitaph would read …
  • I’m so proud of …
  • When I think of …
  • It was so perfect …
  • Happy is the girl who ...

No comments: